We completely understand what your first reaction will be when we say “Make Luxury Jewelry Accessible”. It is very proud to say we’ve made so many customers went “wow” when they received their first package from us. What materials are we using? Let us elaborate for you. Feel free to do the comparison with your some other favorite brands.
14k GOLD FILLED (timeless material option)
“Gold-filled” is a USA industry standard that legally requires 1/20th, or 5% pure gold by weight. It’s a strictly regulated process that involves pressure bonding multiple layers of solid 14k gold with extreme heat over a core of high quality jeweler’s brass resulting in a durable, quality real gold product.
There’s a thick layer of real, solid 14k gold on the outside of a brass core. The 14k gold that’s on the outside of gold-filled is the same gold as you would get from a solid 14k piece.
No more rust/flake off/water sensitivity/wear out
- Clean them gently with water, mild soap, and a soft cloth and only polish them when they really need it. You can definitely shower with it on. Just to make sure you’re using gentle products.( no chemicals please)
925 STERLING SILVERAll the silver pieces we list are made of real 925 sterling silver.
- They’re treated with an anti-tarnish coating to help protect against tarnishing, yet it is still important for you to follow our care instructions.Your jewellery can tarnish over time when exposed to the open air. Tarnishing is a natural process that can be cleaned especially for silver products.
- We recommend that customers remove jewellery before going to bed. Exposure to certain harsh chemicals or environments will result in compromising the integrity of your jewellery. This includes, but is not limited to the following: perspiration, perfumes, cleaning agents, chlorine, salt water, and silver polish.
Avoid water when wearing your silver piece, because over time the sterling silver will oxidize by it’s nature feature. When it oxidizes, pour some mild soap into lukewarm water and use a soft toothbrush to clean your silver jewellery. Toothbrushes are ideal for cleaning jewellery with intricate details. Wipe the water off right away after you clean it.
- It is easy to get confused with regular gold plating. Gold vermeil is a much thicker layer of gold layered on sterling silver. That’s the main reason why it gives the pieces long lasting color.
- Avoid water and sweat just like sterling silver pieces. Buffing gently with a dry soft cloth.
14k/18k GOLD PLATED
- We add an additional layer of protection over any gold-plated components to increase our gold plated pieces’ durability.
- Simple Chic does not guarantee that its gold plated jewellery will last forever. Gold plated pieces are, by default, more fragile and liable to lose their colour over time. The speed at which the gold plating fades will depend on multiple variables from chemical products used for skincare, level of perspiration or even your natural skin PH. For this reason, it is particularly important to take special care of your gold plated jewelry.
It should be store away from direct sunlight and heat, in a protective (lined) jewelry box or a tarnish-resistant pouch. Avoid water and sweat as well. Once it touches any water or sweat, please wipe the water off as fast as possible to maintain color long lasting.
If you’re looking for timeless investment, we would say:
14k gold filled>gold vermeil>925 sterling silver>gold plated